As we are in the final hours of the year 2017, I believe it is only right to take a moment to reflect on the past year and Thank God for his faithfulness. One of my favourite quote by Zig Ziglar says: The more you are grateful for what you have the more you will have to be grateful for. Here is a wordle that summarises the things I am grateful for and the prayer requests God has answered on behalf of myself & my friends and family.
- Hard work always pays off
- When you pray in faith , God already answers your prayer
- A grateful heart is a magnet for more blessings
- The smallest step in the right direction can turn out to be the biggest step of your life
- Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny
- When you put God first you will truly never lack any good thing
- Never doubt that God can do the impossible; he can turn the mess you’re in to an awesome miracle
- Always take the opportunity to be a blessing unto others
There were times in this year when things didn’t go as I would have loved them to go, but what I learnt was that bad days are just that -a bad day not a bad life : therefore for that I am super grateful. A friend on Instagram shared this verse which I thought was really interesting; Deuteronomy 8:2-3 2 And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
What I learnt from this was that God brings you to a place where all you can do is depend on Him. God wants us to be in a position where our total dependence is on Him. We have to rely on God beyond our own knowledge and ability.
Finally, I want to say a big thank you to you my readers, thank you for encouraging & supporting me. I said it before and I’ll say it again Thanks be to God for sustaining and using me as a mouthpiece to spread His word. I learn a lot from the posts I share and thus my relationship with God continues to be developed. There’s morework to be done, but I know I am on a journey that is getting me closer and closer to God.
Stay tuned for my New Year’s Post on living your best life in 2018.
Happy Almost New Year!
Stay Blessed xx